Featherlite has designed and built top-quality trailers for livestock, utility and commercial applications for over 45 years. We’ve hand-crafted specialty trailers for the US Navy, NASCAR®, and IndyCar Series.
We are in search of a Paint Booth Operator (1st shift) for our Cresco, IA production campus. We have clean, safe, well-lit facilities where our employees enjoy new experiences every day, working on a wide variety of projects such as specialty trailers for military, disaster relief, and racecar applications!
Prepare and apply finish coatings and paints to completed trailer parts to meet Featherlite’s quality standards.
- Prepare parts for painting by cleaning, sanding, scraping, masking, pressure washing, etc.
- Select and prepare paint and paint equipment
- Prepare correct paint for surfaces to be painted, set up equipment and perform all levels and types of painting
- Performs paint booth maintenance as necessary
- Cleans and maintain spray gun and equipment and leaves equipment clean and prepared for the next shift
- Utilize and understand high volume low pressure paint system
- Must be able to mix paint, catalyst, reducers and additives per manufacture’s specifications
- Assist the paint team with the cleaning, prep, masking, load/unload, and rework of parts
- Move parts to be painted in and out of painting booths, using forklift/overhead crane
- Additional duties as assigned
- Up to 1 year of air-assisted/spray booth painting experience
- Ensure all paint materials are charged appropriately to job work orders in accordance with Jones Sign processes
- Able to spray paint on various angles and heights
- Spray booth painting experience desired
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interface positively with other team members and departments.
- Full benefits program
- Competitive starting wage $14.50 to $18.00/hour
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
Please complete this employment application and email to email@example.com or mail to the address listed below to apply for an open position.
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to Jobs