Featherlite Inc. is a division of Universal Trailer Corporation. We have strived to be an industry leader in producing top-quality trailers for livestock, utility and commercial applications for over 40 years! Our talented workforce has produced hand-crafted specialty trailers for the US Navy, IBM, NASCAR® and IndyCar Series.
The ideal candidate operates on a mastery level, independently maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, robotic and automated equipment in our manufacturing plants. The Maintenance Technician position works a full-time first shift schedule.
Operating a mastery level, independently maintains and repairs mechanical, electrical, robotic and automated equipment in manufacturing plants.
- Analyzing malfunctions, maintaining and repairing complex machinery such as CNC router, robotic equipment, press breaks, and metal cutting machinery. Makes necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production, quality, and efficiency of all equipment and systems.
- Able to interpret schematics, diagrams, written descriptions on electronic, robotic and mechanical components, equipment and/or systems.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures, and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
- Participates in writing/revising accurate operational procedures and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
- Supplies information and technical data for securing spare parts.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability, and yield.
- Provides technical analysis of work processes, equipment design, operation, and functionality to identify opportunities for increased productivity, improved quality, and/or cost savings. Works with others to develop alternative solutions.
- Prepares work orders to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Completes assignments in an orderly and expeditious manner by taking necessary safety precautions as well as understanding and adherence to established company/departmental policies.
- Continuously learns and applies skills and procedures while performing progressively more difficult, hazardous and technical duties related to the maintenance, modification and installation of the plant equipment and systems.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Associate degree and or technical certification(s).
- 5-7 years of experience performing operations and maintenance on utility systems, HVAC systems, and manufacturing equipment.
- Able to work in a dynamic, cross functional maintenance team supporting other functions that may include HVAC, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical maintenance.
- Able to read control schematics, loop diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Must work independently under minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Competitive starting wage
- Full benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an open position.
Or this application form and optional informational survey can be printed, completed and mailed to the address listed below if preferred.
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.