Featherlite is currently hiring a Maintenance Technician at its manufacturing facility in Cresco, Iowa.
Operating a mastery level, independently maintains and repairs mechanical, electrical, robotic and automated equipment in manufacturing plants.
- Analyzing malfunctions, maintaining and repairing complex machinery such as CNC router, robotic equipment, press breaks, and metal cutting machinery. Makes necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production, quality, and efficiency of all equipment and systems.
- Able to interpret schematics, diagrams, written descriptions on electronic, robotic and mechanical components, equipment and/or systems.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures, and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
- Participates in writing/revising accurate operational procedures and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
- Supplies information and technical data for securing spare parts.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability, and yield.
- Provides technical analysis of work processes, equipment design, operation, and functionality to identify opportunities for increased productivity, improved quality, and/or cost savings. Works with others to develop alternative solutions.
- Prepares work orders to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Completes assignments in an orderly and expeditious manner by taking necessary safety precautions as well as understanding and adherence to established company/departmental policies.
- Continuously learns and applies skills and procedures while performing progressively more difficult, hazardous and technical duties related to the maintenance, modification and installation of the plant equipment and systems.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Associate degree and or technical certification(s).
- 5-7 years of experience performing operations and maintenance on utility systems, HVAC systems, and manufacturing equipment.
- Able to work in a dynamic, cross functional maintenance team supporting other functions that may include HVAC, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical maintenance.
- Able to read control schematics, loop diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Must work independently under minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Competitive starting wage
- Full benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
Please complete this employment application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address listed below to apply for an open position.
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
Featherlite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law..
Back to Jobs