Featherlite, Inc. is a division of Universal Trailer Corporation. We have strived to be an industry leader in producing top quality trailers for livestock, utility and commercial applications for over 40 years! Our talented workforce has produced hand-crafted specialty trailers for the US Navy, IBM, NASCAR, and IndyCar Series.
We are in search of an Interiors Assembler (1st shift) for our Cresco, IA production campus. We have clean, safe, well-lit facilities where our employees enjoy new experiences every day, working on a wide variety of projects such as specialty trailers for military, high profile companies and racecar applications!
- Measure, cut and install turf and rubber.
- Install in trailer (pre-created) components.
- Positions and assembles parts according to special instructions, routings and blueprints.
- Measures parts to specified tolerances.
- Inspects all parts for cleanliness and flaws. If flaws exist, completes a nonconforming material report.
- Using air, power and hand tools to drill pre-established holes in aluminum and steel or attaching aluminum and steel components parts and sub-assemblies together per written or oral instructions.
- Operates hand tools to fasten plywood to side walls.
- Operates hand tools to install pre-manufactured cabinets.
- Utilizing riveter, chop saw and battery powered drills to attach aluminum and wood trim in and outside of finished product.
- Installing doors.
- Keeps assembly department clean and free of foreign object damage.
- Keeps production supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
- Maintains a high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Two to five years of finish construction work experience
- Ability to read, write, understand instructions, procedures, drawings, and blue prints
- Accurately read a tape measure
- Operate basic hand tools
- Competitive starting wages $14.00 to $18.00/hour
- Full benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to email@example.com to apply for an open position.
Or this application form and optional informational survey can be printed, completed and mailed to the address listed below if preferred.
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.