Featherlite has designed and built top-quality trailers for livestock, utility and commercial applications for over 40 years. We’ve hand-crafted specialty trailers for the US Navy, NASCAR®, and IndyCar Series.
We are in search of an Electrical Technician (1st shift) for our Cresco, IA production campus. We have clean, safe, well-lit facilities where our employees enjoy new experiences every day, working on a wide variety of projects such as specialty trailers for military, disaster relief, and racecar applications!
The Electrical Technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems and components. The position applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. The electrical technician provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Perform all types of wiring and electrical troubleshooting, sometimes working from schematics and/or wiring diagrams, but other times working from verbal instructions or relying on personal skills
- AV installation, High voltage Installation, Power supply installation, Simple design based on predetermined prints
- Maintain a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field
- Three to five years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields
- Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints, drawings and written specifications
- Technical knowledge of AC and DC
- Strong attention to detail
- Competitive starting wages $14.50 to $20.00/hour
- Full benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to email@example.com to apply for an open position.
Or this application form and optional informational survey can be printed, completed and mailed to the address listed below if preferred.
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.