Work independently to ensure accurate financial statement reporting of all inventories and costs of goods sold. Creates and maintains perpetual inventory records for Finished Goods and Work in Process. Completes all month end journal entries related to inventory movements, performs all related calculations and maintains related schedules. This is for both Featherlite and Exiss/Sooner.
- Ensure the quality of data within the accounting systems by serving as the gate keeper of the information before it is entered into the system and utilized by the rest of the accounting staff.
- On a weekly and monthly basis, make entries to value raw materials, work-in-process trailers, and finished trailers using inventory-roll spreadsheet.
- Analyze and reconcile the differences between quotes and actual cost by interacting with costing personnel, production personnel, engineering, and sales.
- Make journal entries to record cost of goods sold, WIP, and finished goods inventory by labor hours, material and scrap, labor & overhead, and units by plant and product line.
- Assist in calculating burden rates, set up expense budgets for manufacturing and service departments.
- Make journal entries to allocate expenses and variances between plants.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts relative to inventories/accounts payable and maintain standard cost supplemental schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Accounting or Finance.
- 2 to 5 years of hands-on experience with costing and inventory performed in a manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and standard costing.
- Experienced in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Planning and organization: an ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Strong customer orientation.
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health Club Discount
Featherlite requires a pre-employment drug and background screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: we strongly encourage Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disability and Veterans to apply.