Perform the daily functions of the general accounting department for Featherlite, Exiss/Sooner and UFE.
- Assist the Manager, General Accounting in identifying, documenting and executing procedure enhancing processes to insure timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP and maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Prepare monthly payroll entries and month end accrual.
- Prepare federal sales tax filings.
- Maintain fixed asset system and depreciation schedules.
- Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist with financial audit and preparation of PBC’s and supporting documentation.
- Ensure timely closing process at month end and year end.
- Process expense reports in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Serve as liaison with auditor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, CPA a plus.
- 3 years’ experience in general accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and problem solving ability.
- Positive proactive attitude and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Expert Knowledge of MS Excel, Skilled using MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Experienced and skilled with ERP systems, EPICOR ERP a plus
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to email@example.com to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health Club Discount
Featherlite requires a pre-employment drug and background screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: we strongly encourage Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disability and Veterans to apply.