Use CAD and other software to provide support to Customers, Sales, Production, and Engineering staff by preparing custom and standard layouts, sketches & diagrams, assembly drawings, detail drawings. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture. Maintain information regarding changes to standard and custom BOM database. Research and work with purchasing personnel to source specialty items. Make basic decisions but can refer questions/problems to Manager or Engineering senior staff.
- Use AutoCAD and Inventor to develop designs.
- Work with iLogic assembly models.
- Make final drawing of proposed design, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicate with customer and/or salesperson about design possibilities.
- Create sales quote drawings as needed.
- High skill level in AutoCAD and Inventor software.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment the presentation of new designs.
- Associate's Degree from two-year college or technical school preferred but not required.
- 2-4 years of related work experience with a proven record of successfully creating CAD assembly drawings preferred but not required.
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to email@example.com to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health Club Discount
Featherlite requires a pre-employment drug and background screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: we strongly encourage Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disability and Veterans to apply.